Not all those who wander are lost - but I'll be disappointed if I don't get lost frequently!

Sunday 8 April 2012

The African Adventure

In case you haven't heard, this week I'm off to explore Africa. On the way I'll have a short, 30 hour stopover in Dubai to quickly explore the highlights of what I'm sure will be a very interesting city.

Then it's off to Nairobi to begin a 73 day truck trip through the East and South of Africa, finishing in Cape Town. Here are some of the things I am looking forward to most on my trip:

  • Trekking up to see the gorillas in Rwanda/Uganda
  • Safari through the Serengeti & Ngorongoro Crater National Parks
  • The Smoke that Thunders & Mt Kilimanjaro
  • Chilling on the beaches of Zanzibar
  • Wine Tasting in Stellenbosch, South Africa
  • Lion Walks, Cheetah Parks & Elephant Swims
  • Learning about (& tasting) local African cultures & cuisine
If you're interested in what I'll be up to, you can find more details of my trip with Oasis Overland here.

It most definitely won't be a glamorous trip, as for the whole 73 days I'll be camping out in a little tent and cooking meals with the group round a camp fire. But this trip is about experiencing Africa, not hotel rooms, so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment